Integrating with Blackboard
Courseware is designed to easily integrate with Learning Management Systems such as Blackboard using a “Web Link” from within an existing Blackboard section. Using this approach allows for easy navigation through Blackboard and Courseware resources without the need for additional logins, as well as automatic registration of new users. This reference guide explains these features and how instructors can setup a “Web Link” in their section.
Single sign-on eliminates the need for multiple logins when Courseware is launched from a Blackboard section. Once a student or instructor logs into Blackboard and selects the Courseware link within their respective section, Courseware is automatically launched and the student or instructor is automatically logged in.
Auto-enrollment eliminates the need to manually create accounts and enrollments in Courseware. When a student or instructor launches Courseware for the first time, their account is automatically created and they are automatically enrolled.
II. Requirements / Before You Begin
Before setting up a Web Link, you must have the following:
Active Blackboard Section
- You must have an active Blackboard account with instructor-level privileges and an active section.
LoudCloud Courseware Link
Your LoudCloud Courseware class link is located on the Course Details page of your course:
Click into “edit mode by selecting the pen icon:
Select “Details” from the menu bar and scroll to the bottom of the page to copy your Course Link:
At the bottom of the page you will find the LTI Integration credentials, including the Class URL you will need to set up as an external link in your Blackboard course. This is the only LTI credential you will need to setup LoudCloud Courseware in your Blackboard course.
- Blackboard must be enabled for Courseware using a “LTI connector”. In most cases, this has already been setup by your Blackboard administrator.
III. Setup a Web Link
Step 1: Enter the “Blackboard” course section
Step 2: Add a Web Link
Use the Build Content Menu to add a web link anywhere within your course
Step 3: Enter Web Link details
- Name: Enter a unique name of your application (like “Courseware”)
- URL: Enter your Courseware Link (this link should have been provided to you by your Courseware onboarding team)
- Select the check box “This Link is to a Tool Provider.”
Under other details, enter the following:
- Web Link Options: Open in New Window ; Radio Button <Yes > <No> (Always select Yes)
- Once you provide all the information on the web link page, click on the “Submit” button.
IV. Test Your Web Link
Step 1: Enter the Blackboard section.
Step 2: Navigate to the content module and click on the web link
Step 3: You will be launched into Courseware
On clicking the web link, you will be taken to the learning path of the courseware class.